Come Work For Us!
The Development Associate reports to the Executive Director and is involved in fundraising, public relations, recordkeeping, and administrative support for the operation of the Ronald McDonald House.
Up to $36,000/year
Major Areas of Responsibility
• Fundraising for Ronald McDonald House
• Donor Cultivation
• Public Relations and Social Media Presence
• Grant Writing
• Special Events
• Donor Database
• Donor Correspondence and Recordkeeping
• Administrative Assistance as Needed
• Guest Services Support as Needed
• Other Duties as Required
• Position Could Include Evenings and Weekends
• Develop effective fundraising campaigns
• Organize donor events
• Solicit current donors for increased contributions
• Network with potential donors and raise new funds
• Deliver reports on fundraising activities and progress
• Identify and report on potential grants and other sources of donations
• Ensure accurate and timely donation records
• Provide clear, concise, and timely correspondence and communication with donors
• Provide administrative support to other RMH staff as needed.
• Provide guest services support as needed.
• Other duties as required
• Position could include evenings and weekends.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• General Knowledge of Ronald McDonald House and Mission
• Prior Experience with a Non-Profit Organization
• Experience with Microsoft Office Software
• Demonstrated Organizational, Time, and Project Management Skills
• Attention to Detail
• Ability to Meet Deadlines
• Ability to Work Independently and Collaboratively Within a Team Environment
• Self-Starter, Proactive, Persistent, Positive, Ability to Multitask
• Experience Creating Fundraising Campaigns
• Experience Identifying and Writing Grants
• Experience Utilizing Social Media for Fundraising and Public Relations
• Experience Creating Newsletters, Mass Mailings, Proposals, and Donor Correspondence
• Experience Utilizing and Maintaining Databases
• Excellent Written, Verbal, and Public Speaking Skills
• Strong Networking Skills
• Demonstrated Compassion for Families Experiencing a Medical Crisis
• Experience Working with Multiple Generations
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Two Years Fundraising, Public Relations, Sales and/or Commensurate Experience
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit for long periods of time utilizing a computer, telephone, and/or other electronic devices. The employee is required to use his/her hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is often required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, lift items up to fifty pounds, and to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The vision abilities required to perform this job include close vision. The employee is occasionally required to travel for fundraising events, public relations, speaking engagements, and donor cultivation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to electronic screens, moving mechanical parts, and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Email resume and statement of interest to Jaye@rmhchuntington.org by Monday, December 28, 2020.