Come Work For Us!
The Operations Manager ensures the smooth operation of the Ronald McDonald House through volunteer coordination, guest and donor services, and administrative assistance.
Up to $36,000/year
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Manage Volunteer Software Program
- Recruit, Train, and Schedule Office Volunteers
- Coordinate Meals, Tours, and Community Services Program
- Collaborate on Guest Referrals
- Provide Guest Services Support
- Assemble Welcome Bags for New Guests
- Conduct Sex Offender/Background Checks for New Guests and/or New Volunteers
- Collaborate with Medicaid Lodging Reimbursement
- Correspond with Donors and Record Donations
- Utilize Donor and Guest Database
- Provide Volunteer Desk Coverage if/when No Volunteer Scheduled or Volunteer Calls Off
- Other Duties as Required Including Special Events, Fundraising, and More
- Position Could Include Evenings and Weekends
- Ensure volunteer coverage 9:00 AM through 9:00 PM, seven days per week, 365 days per year.
- Ensure guest services 9:00 AM through 9:00 PM, seven days per week, 365 days per year.
- Ensure donor services 9:00 AM through 9:00 PM, seven days per week, 365 days per year.
- Ensure accurate volunteer, guest, and donor records.
- Provide clear, concise, and timely correspondence and communication with volunteers, guests, donors, and medical providers.
- Other duties as required
- Position could include evenings and weekends.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- General Knowledge of Ronald McDonald House and Mission
- Demonstrated Organizational Skills and Attention to Detail
- Demonstrated Time Management Skills
- Ability to Work Independently and Collaboratively Within a Team Environment
- Self-Starter, Proactive, Persistent
- Experience with Microsoft Office Software
- Experience with Database Management
- Excellent Written, Verbal, and Public Speaking Skills
- Experience Training and Supervising Volunteers
- Experience Utilizing Social Media to Recruit and Communicate with Volunteers
- General Knowledge of Medical Terminology and Hospital Departments
- Prior Experience with a Non-Profit Organization
- Demonstrated Compassion for Families Experiencing a Medical Crisis
- Experience Working with Multiple Generations
- Knowledge of HIPAA
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Two Years of Experience in Non-Profit Setting
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit for long periods of time utilizing a computer, telephone, and/or other electronic devices. The employee is required to use his/her hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is often required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, lift items up to fifty pounds, and to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The vision abilities required to perform this job include close vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to electronic screens, moving mechanical parts, and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Email resume and statement of interest to Jaye@rmhchuntington.org by Tuesday, August 25, 2020.