Come Work For Us!
Director of Development
The Director of Development ensures the financial strength of the Ronald McDonald House through successfully attaining or exceeding fundraising and revenue goals.
Base Salary Plus Bonus Incentive Compensation
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Manage annual fundraising plan to budget
- Manage portfolio of donors
- Develop and manage planned giving program
- Develop and manage capital campaign
- Manage special events
- Media spokesperson for organization
- Cultivate existing and new donors
- Donor database management
- Donor & fundraising reporting and recognition
- Supervise Outreach Coordinator and support grant writing, public relations, social media, and internship program
- Other duties as required
- Position could include evenings and weekends
- Meet or exceed revenue goals
- Develop & implement effective fundraising campaigns and events
- Solicit current donors for increased contributions
- Network with potential donors and raise new funds
- Identify and solicit new funding sources
- Deliver reports on fundraising activities and progress
- Represent the organization with enthusiasm, integrity, and professionalism in manner consistent with image and mission of RMHC Huntington
- Other duties as required
- Position could include evenings and weekends.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Successful experience implementing and managing fundraising campaigns, capital campaigns, and planned giving programs
- Working knowledge of budgeting processes
- Exceptional written, verbal, and public speaking skills
- Strong sales and networking skills
- Grant writing experience
- Experience utilizing social media for fundraising and public relations
- Knowledge of and affinity for Ronald McDonald House and it’s mission
- Demonstrated organizational, time, and project management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team environment
- Self-starter, proactive, persistent, positive, ability to multitask
- Experience with Microsoft Office software
- Experience with donor database management
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Required, Advanced Degree Preferred
- Five Years Preferred of Proven Fundraising & Capital Campaign Experience
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit for long periods of time utilizing a computer, telephone, and/or other electronic devices. The employee is required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is often required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, lift items up to thirty-five pounds, and to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The vision abilities required to perform this job include close vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to electronic screens, moving mechanical parts, and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
To apply for the Director of Development position, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position will remain open until filled.