Frequently Asked Questions
Find Your Answers About Ronald McDonald House Charities of Huntington, Inc. Here
Who is eligible to stay at the Huntington Ronald McDonald House?
- Parents, family members, and custodial parents responsible for the care of a hospitalized child or adolescent (the maximum age is 21) are all welcome to stay as guests. Furthermore, parents of children undergoing outpatient care at least twice a week may also stay at the House as guests.
If I’m not eligible to stay as a guest, can I still visit a family?
- Yes! Visiting hours begin daily at 9:00 a.m. and end at 9:00 p.m. Overnight visits are not permitted.
Where is the Huntington Ronald McDonald located?
- We are located directly behind Cabell Huntington Hospital at 1500 17th Street.
Does the Huntington Ronald McDonald House receive any federal, state, or local funding?
- No. While the McDonald’s Corporation partners with us to provide a fundraising base and part of our operating budget, our non-profit organization depends primarily upon the generosity of individual, organizational, and corporate donors in order to continue caring for families in need of our services.
How much does it cost to stay at the Huntington Ronald McDonald House?
- Ronald McDonald House asks that families donate $20 per night. This fee helps us maintain the cost of operations for our rooms ($79 per night). However, thanks to support from our donors, we never turn families away if they are unable to assist us financially.
How long do families usually stay at the House?
- It depends on the child’s illness and treatment. Stays can range from one night to several months, and sometimes even last a year or more.
How can I support the Ronald McDonald House?
- By donating and volunteering! Without individual and group donations, we would be unable to provide the services that have helped so many families. Likewise, our volunteers are the heart and soul of the House, and the reason we are able to operate with such a small staff.
What does the Huntington Ronald McDonald House offer?
- Services we provide include, but are not limited to, the following: cleaning supplies, toiletries, and paper products, various food items, free parking (one vehicle per family), Wi-Fi and access to a computer lab, towels, blankets, and other linens, as well as washer and dryer machines.
Are hospital transportation services provided?
- Cabell Huntington Hospital does provide a shuttle service to and from the House.
How can I become a guest of the Ronald McDonald House?
- The Ronald McDonald House must receive a referral from a health care professional before allowing a family to register.